Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics
20508815

I have purchased an tachi model LE24C109 LED LCD HDTV, it is

Customer Question

i have purchased an Hitachi model LE24C109 LED LCD HDTV, it is connected to a Toshiba Satellite E45-84200 laptop. the connection between the screen and the laptop functions well. But i have also purchased a Logitech Z506 sound surround speaker system to
amplify sound, but cannot connect sound system to screen - how do i do this?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition to that problem the computer is timing out when the TV screen times out. When an attempt is made again, it will come on again, only to go right out again in about 5 - 10 minutes.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

If using the laptop as the audio source then you will connect the speaker system directly to the laptop not the tv and that is because most laptops require an separate audio cable from the video cable. You just connect a 3.5mm to the speaker jack on the laptop. If you instead also play other things through tv and wish to connect please let me know as I will have to explain laptop audio and tv connections both then, I did not provide those as I have a feeling you only need for the laptop.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.