Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My LG 55LV 5500 would be dark when first turned on like the

Customer Question

My LG 55LV 5500 would be dark when first turned on like the brightness was turned down,then it would brighten up to normal after about 1 minute.It did this for about a week and now it has multiple pictures on screen.It changes channels real slow and when it does you can faintly still see the previous channel also. Hope you can help. THANK YOU,EARL H.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

- Does menu screen come up slowly when push menu button on TV or its remote?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I stated above above the problem started one week ago. The tv is five years old. Devices connected to it are a DVD player and a Direct TV box. And yes....the menu screen is slow. Looking forward to how it can be repaired. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid...are you there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

It seems LCD panel related problem and t-con board swapping is only option to see if it helps to resolve the problem or internal circuitry of LCD panel is defective that would need entire LCD panel replacement.

T-con board would be located under metal shield at top or lower center of rear of LCD panel, please check following board supplier link to get identical t-con board if you wish to replace it in TV by yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LG+55LV5500

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.