Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I need help! My Satellite L55t-A5290 - sometime it takes up

Customer Question

I need help! My Satellite L55t-A5290 - sometime it takes up to 20 minutes to start when I turn it on. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Alfred
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If it remains dark, on the screen, for a considerable time before it starts to show details and boot up, and if that considerable time is on the order of 10 or 20 minutes, then you may have a heat-related problem in the CPU, whereby it must be warmed up before it can fully function enough to boot up. (I have an old laptop that is like that. 15 minutes turned On time is required before another Ctrl-Alt-Del actually gets results and has it booting up.)

If the 20 minute delay is somehow different, let me know the details, and I will instruct you as to what to do. For instance, if the CPU shows the Toshiba logo promptly enough when it is turned On, but the bootup takes 20 minutes, you may need something else, such as software lightening or readjustment.