Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Channel 60 on my tv is locked so my dish DVr box won't work

Customer Question

Channel 60 on my tv is locked so my dish DVr box won't work unless channel 60 is unlocked
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What do you mean "locked"?

2. Was this working before or this is the first time you are trying to set it up?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription offers **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have dish network and with a regular dish box it works on channel 3 or 4 but it shows they are locked to but when I hook the new dish DVR box up it all I get is static because the box has to be used with the tv on channel 60 or 73 and those channels won't work for some reason
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Is the DVR sitting right next to this tv, or is it in another room?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In another room but the cable guy run coax straight from DVr box to outside tv
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

So the 57F500 is "TV2" on a DVR that is actually in another room (which is directly connected to your Main tv).

Have you done a channel scan on the 57F500?

Do you have the original Hitachi tv remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done a channel scan on Ant A and B and I have the original remote ...it scans channels 1-125
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Please describe what happens if you try to use the channel up/down buttons to get to channel 60 or 73? Or if you punch in on the number pad then SELECT button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes to every channel they just all have nothing but static
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

While the tv was doing the scan, did it say that it found any channels?

What port on the back of the tv did you connect the coax?

ANT A

ANT B

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It found 1-125 ...and I tried ant A and B
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

you mean it scanned 1-125. It appears that it did not actually find any valid channels.

Have you gone to the MAIN tv in the other room, used the dish DVR remote, looked in the menu for the TV2 settings and verified TV2 is turned On and what channel it is set to?

If TV2 is already turned on, then RESET the DVR by unplugging it's POWER cord for 15 seconds. AFTER the main tv returns to normal, go back to the 57F500 and re-run the channel scan. Observe WHILE it is scanning if it actually says that it found valid channels or not.