Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Recently bought a vizio 50inch it will not turn on. light

Customer Question

recently bought a vizio 50inch it will not turn on. light comes on then fades out after a few seconds.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the purchase date?

2. New or used or refurbished?

3. Was is working when you first got it?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription offers **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello? Are you still there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
purchased Jan. 29 2015 new and it has worked till yesterday
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Since unplugging the power cord did not help, unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. I can offer help on this but that would not be advised becasue your tv is under factory warranty. Any attempts to open up the tv will void your warranty and you really don't want to do that. You need to contact Vizio(###) ###-####and open a repair ticket for warranty service.

PLEASE, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the on button is pressed the on indicator light comes on for 1 second but nothing else happens if the on button is hit again the light comes on for about 5 seconds then fades out. This cycle just repeats.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my post? Please read my previous explanation.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Allow me to post it again:

Thank you,