Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Beosystem 1 and a Beovision 4, among other items. I

Customer Question

I have a Beosystem 1 and a Beovision 4, among other items. I just got a new set top box from Comcast and I am trying to get the Comcast remote to control on/off and volume.
I have a Beo 4 remote. The new Comcast STB is there Xfinity platform. The STB has a search for mfg. of the TV. No B&O. Comcast website has a search for website, finds B&O, no codes.
Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, You will not be able to use the Comcast remote for the Beo system- as Comcast is a "basic" functional remote at best. You need an actual fully programmable universal remote. The codes Comcast uses and supports are up to Comcast- so until they ADD B&O to their platform (which is unlikely) there will be no supported code. I would instead suggest purchasing a remote with SOFTWARE that lets you add any make and model device to it- such as the Logitech Harmony remotes. These are tru Home Theater remotes and will best the performance of both the standard Beo and Comcast remotes combined. A good example of a remote that will work for this system is below:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-remote-650?crid=60

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood.