Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My KV-32HS500 CRT TV has started cutting off to standby ever

Customer Question

Hi Anthony. My KV-32HS500 CRT TV has started cutting off to standby ever since I changed from Netgear N600 router to Time Warner's Arris modem and router. When it goes to standby the on light blinks 6 times.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.

This TV has nothing to do with router or modem as it doesn't have any feature to connect to internet. It would be just coincidence that it got problem when router was changed.

6 blinks red power light indicates couple of regulator chips failure on main board of TV and replacement of both regulator chips will help to resolve the problem. Please reply back if you wish to replace those chips in TV by yourself and have necessary soldering tools and expertise to assist you with further technical info and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Shahid. Actually we view the internet through my Blue Ray player, so I thought it might relate. I had read where it could be the boards, or the connection to the boards (which would be corrected if replaced). I was hoping you would come up with something else, since the estimate online was about $300 which would pay for a new TV. Is there some way to wiggle the boards to make the connection better like I've done with other electrical?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I wish if it was loose connection issue or dry solder joint on main board of TV, in fact it is defective regulator chips problem which is well known in tech community and replacement of both chips (ICs) needs desoldering and soldering work with proper tools and expertise to avoid any damage to circuit lines on main board.

I understand the repair cost would be high from local TV repair shop and you can buy 32 inch LCD in approx $150 to $200 so its up to you to make decision, if it was my TV I would invest on new replacement TV instead of spending money and time on this obsolete TV.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.