Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic Plasma HD, Model TC560U50. My hearing

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Plasma HD, Model TC560U50. My hearing isn't too good and I would like to attach earphones to the unit. Either that or get a Bluetooth adaptor for it. Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV? TC560U50 seems incorrect.

- Also what is the model number of speaker system you're trying to hook to this TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TC-P60U50
Serial MH22140022
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for TV model info.

What about speaker system model number info that is being hooked to TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power Pod 360 with Bluetooth. It is just a vibration type speaker. It needs Bluetooth and I don't think that model Panasonic is equipped for it. I need to know what type of adapter will plug into the TV so it will broadcast to the speaker. Barring that, what type of headphones, wireless, will fit this model TV?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This TV doesn't have bluetooth feature to connect to speakers wirelessly but it has another feature calls ARC (audio return channel) to connect to sound bar (sort of speaker system) in HDMI-2 input of TV which will provide sound output signal to sound bar as well. There are lots of models of different brands sound bar available that has ARC feature to get very nice sound from TV, please check following Amazon link to select any sound bar of your choice but make sure that sound bar has ARC feature before ordering it..

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=arc+soundbar

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still not sure that's the answer. The TV also has a USB port, RCA plug type connectors at back. I am not looking for big speakers. My wife has exceptional hearing whilst mine has deteriorated over the years. Prior to buying this TV, I was able to plug a unit in the back that would broadcast wirelessly to a set of earphones. I think this is what I am looking for. If I turn the volume up so I can hear it then it is too loud for my wife. Do you see my problem?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

ah OK, I got it now, you can connect bluetooth transmitter device in Digital Audio Out port at back of TV with optical cable and transmitter device will send audio signal to your bluetooth headphone while keep getting normal sound in TV speakers for other viewers.

Please check following link to view bluetooth transmitter device info..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LAYEN%C2%AE-Digital-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Connection-Black/dp/B00QSTCYSS

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not available in Canada. I have to leave now, I'll get back to you later . . .Roy
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Let me find it in Canada, give me 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I ordered one. It'll be here next week. If it works I will respond favourably.
Thanks . . .
Roy
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No problem Roy, please take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.