Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have been gone on business months and my Vizio TV had not

Customer Question

I have been gone on business for six months and my Vizio TV had not been turned on. I returned last week and the DISH remote turns on the DISH box, but the Vizio remote has no effect on the TV. I have to turn the TV on with the side button. The picture is a good 1080 HDMI display, but there is no sound. Pressing the side audio button displays the audio bar up and down, but no sound. Neither the DISH or Vizio remote will put the audio display on the TV screen. I have AV cables from the Audio Out on the back to auxiliary speakers at this time. I have checked all TV settings through the DISH remote's menu button with no luck in getting audio and having the TV react to the Vizio remote.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info about TV to troubleshoot the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid, the model of my Vizio TV is VF550M. I had unplugged power several times in the past two days for a minute or so, but went back and unplugged power for ten minutes. No difference in the problem. No sound and the TV fails to respond to the remotes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid, are you there? Do you need anymore background?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer.

Do you have multimeter an can check volts on circuit board inside TV to troubleshoot the problem OR want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.