Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My power went out few seconds, but came back on, my cable is

Customer Question

My power went out for a few seconds, but came back on, my cable is working, my internet is working, but my TV when I hit the power button the VIZIO emblem appears but shuts back off, so I have no TV. I have tries repowering it unpluging and everything, but still no picture! Do you think that the storm blew my TV I have it on a power cord.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

Since unplugging the power cord did not help, unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, then parts ordered and installed. If you have warranty coverage then contact Vizio or the warranty company and don't mention how you think the problem may have happened, just mention the current symptoms. Or if you have tools and want to DIY then REPLY back here and I can help you with that.

If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of thing, you would need to call a repair shop which will end up costing over $200 (labor is very expensive). Honestly if you can't DIY, you should really consider not having this tv repaired and just putting all the money you saved by coming here first into a new tv. Most repair shops charge $49 just for diagnosis!

PLEASE, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,