Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Toshiba 46RV525U - when trying to power on the TV,

Customer Question

Hello, Tim - I have a Toshiba 46RV525U - when trying to power on the TV, it just flashes the green power light on and off..
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry Tim is not available hopefully I can help you, you have rebooted the set already by un-plugging, the set does have a problem likely to be main-board trouble, in all likelihood this board will need to be replaced however checks with a meter are necessary before committing to that, if you can use small tools and a meter I will be happy to help you with this ?let me know please

If you are not comfortable with that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

Sorry its nothing easier..

Let me know if you need more help or can do the work

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** question will remain open, there will be a rating band with this post

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony
Unfortunately, I am in The bahamas - is there a suggestion on what I can replace?

If you just want to go ahead with the most suspicious board the main-board is most suspect

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board that's the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they don't have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again

Regards
Anthony