Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung tv model #UN46B8500XFXZA. I have 3 devices

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Samsung tv model #UN46B8500XFXZA. I have 3 devices connected via HDMI: 2 Directv receivers and a blu-ray player. A few weeks ago, I started noticing a periodic flickering of the upper 1/3 of the screen on one of the inputs. Since then, it has started doing the same thing on all the inputs (including a 4th input after changing the blu-ray's input).
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu flickering as well please in its top half?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flickering is not constant. It happens periodically. It is not doing it right now, so I can't answer your question re: whether the tv menu is flickering too.

I understand... OK because that is important as a check I will leave this with you ,please make the check because that check will tell me a lot about the problem, get back to me when you have completed the check thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Should I get back to you by simply replying on this chat?

Yes that is correct I may not be able to answer immediately but will when I see your post thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony,
Monitoring the tv since Tuesday, it has not done the intermittent flickering. I will continue to monitor this weekend and report back.
Thanks.

Dan yes these things can take time let me know