Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Sharp Aquos Model # LC-20B2UA, Serial # 210342488

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos Model # ***** Serial ####-##-####manufactured in October 2002. It worked last night. This afternoon when I went to turn it on, it wouldn't come on. I noted that the little light beneath the POWER owrd was not illuminated. It is usually either Red or Green. I've plugged it into different outlets, I've checked the connection to the trandformer and TV. They are all fine. Is it dead?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Not getting a light on the transformer (power "brick") would tend to indicate a bad transformer. Do you happen to have a meter handy to test the output of the transformer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not the transformer/adapter. It does not possess a light. The TV itself has light. No I don't own a tester
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Does that power transformer feel warm to the touch at all when plugged in?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I've tried to accept your call request, but it has failed on your end. You may need to increase your deposit for it to go through.
I"ll resend from my side.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you check that transformer for me and let me know if it feels warm/hot while plugged in?