Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When my computer geek friend took the remote control off my

Customer Question

when my computer geek friend took the remote control off my sony tv both the tv and zenith digital converter box worked off the zenith converter box remote control. then the battery went. i bought a new battery. now what do i have to do so both the converter box and tv will work? my friend said it has to do with the number "7".
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, We need more information to solve this. Offhand the number "7" is not relevant".

Right now, tell me if the remote works the converter box (tuns it on and changes channels ON the box)?

Also, what exactly happens when you try to turn on the TV- is there a blinking light on the front of the TV? Does it turn on with a "No Signal" message?

What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

What is the model number of the Zenith converter box?

Please elaborate with these details so we can proceed.