Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Visio 39 inch tv the screen stays black and the

Customer Question

Hi jack! I have a Visio 39 inch tv the screen stays black and the power light is on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for the request , let me know when you see this reply and I will have a few questions ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see your reply but no answer
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , was waiting for you to reply , cannot give an answer on what you told me alone .

Have a couple of questions for you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?
Like it would take longer than usual or repeated attempts before it would turn on ?
Once it is warmed up (1 hour or so) , can you turn it off and on right away normally ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What is the model number of this tv ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened all of a sudden! I unug the TV many times and eventually it turns on! The light goes on on the bottom of the TV but won't shut off unless I unplug it from the wall
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k but you said that it eventually comes on , is it on now or that does not work any more ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Right now so far it looks like you have a power board problem and if you are to look into repairing this yourself then i would need the tv`s exact model number .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.
If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you and you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thanks again for requesting me