Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Vieira Panasonic TV about 2 years old, when I

Customer Question

hi there,i have a Vieira Panasonic TV about 2 years old, when I switch it on it works for couple of seconds, and then the red light flashes ,can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. Can you count the number of blinks between pauses?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic plasma Model TH-50PZ8502A flashes on and off
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

The flashing LED tells you that the tv has an internal failure. You can try unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes. But if that doesn't help then the Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed using a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If you have tools and want to DIY then REPLY back here and I can help you.

If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of thing, you would need to call a repair shop which will end up costing over $300 (labor is very expensive). Honestly if you can't DIY, you should really consider not having this tv repaired and just putting all the money you saved by coming here first into a new tv. Most repair shops charge $99 just for diagnosis!

PLEASE, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,