Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  3 years experience
15852642

I have an LG 60PK750 plasma TV. The picture and sound just

Customer Question

I have an LG 60PK750 plasma TV. The picture and sound just went away one day. If I turn it on, the blue indicator light comes on and blinks a couple of times but then it turns off but no red light, so it's like in a standby mode. When first turned on, the screen appears slightly backlit but that quickly goes away also. Suggestions on how to troubleshoot further?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

The TV has an internal fault and will require a repair.

Please let me know if you intend to carry out the electronic testing and repair yourself, and also what equipment you have available?

Or are you looking for an estimated cost and a repairer in your area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to try to repair it myself. I have a voltmeter and a brother who can help with some electronics work. I primarily want help diagnosing the problem so that I know what to repair or replace. What other equipment do you anticipate that I will need for the repair?Thanks,
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How many times does the light flash before it stops?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I don't know how this process works but it's off to a little bit rocky start. A different person answered my first e-mail (Pete) and asked me a question. I responded by answering his question but now Freddy M. sent me a response seemingly separate from Pete's response and asked me a different question. I have no preference of who to work with but I would like to work with the same person throughout the process. To answer Freddy's question, the blue light comes on immediately when I turn the TV on. It stays on for about 5 seconds then fades and rebrightens once and then fades all the way out until it is off. The red light indicating it is truly off does not come on. It will stay like that indefinitely. If I hit the power button again, it will then fully turn off and the red indicator light will be lit.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Pete opted out opening the question to all others. I picked it up after he did. The blue light should flash a specific number of times before it turns off completely. While it stays on how many times does it flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How I described it is what it does. There is no flashing. It comes on and stays that way for a few seconds (about 5) and then fades to almost off but not completely. It then brightens back up (takes a second or two to fade and brighten each so no "flashing") and then almost immediately fades back down until the blue light indication is totally off. The red "off" indication does not come on though until I hit the power button again. This is the indicator light on the front bottom right of the TV. If I don't hit the power button, it will stay this way indefinitely. In that "limbo" state, you can see that there is some level of power to the screen, almost like it is backlit, but never any picture or sound during any part of the process.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some additional information that could be helpful. I looked closer at the TV when the power was on. On the back of the TV, with the back panel off, I can see 5 power or control boards. On the smallest board, which is the lower center one, there is a green LED light. It blinks in the following pattern; long blink, short blink, one second pause, long blink, short blink, four second pause.