Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an LG TV it was working an hour ago and now it just

Customer Question

I have an LG TV it was working an hour ago and now it just has the red power light and the screen won't turn on. What can I try? I have tried unplugging and holding down the button.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
So the red light is lit, you cant switch the set on with the remote OR manually at the set itself you have unplugged for 5 mins then replugged back in again is that correct please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now it is working but keeps switching off and on again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now all the blue keys keep lighting up and the screen won't turn on completely.
I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
55sl80yd-aa
OK its a bad main-board, this board will need to be replaced do you think you can do that work yourself?If the set has warranty please use it, usually 12 months but could be 3 years.
You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board that's the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
Let me know if you need more info either now or later, I am sorry this is not something easier, the set has developed a problem that needs to be addressed.
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony
If the set has warranty please use it usually 12 months but could be 3 years on some models
If you require more help please let me know, if you have no warranty with the set then outside of a do-it-yourself repair to the set you will need a technician, I would be happy to help you if you can do this yourself...
Please let me know which way you want to go with this thank you
Anthony