Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

When I press the power button on my remote, sometimes the

Customer Question

When I press the power button on my remote, sometimes the power indicator turns on then off immediately and sometimes the light fades off. I have no picture on screen. It's model e500i-b1. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. How long have you had the Tv?
2. Have you tried to unplug the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes?
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **
** Do NOT start a new question **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just under one year. I will try unplugging for three minutes and get back to you. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
ok.
Sometimes pulling the power cord clears things like this. Other times it's just a temporary remedy and there is an actual failure that requires diagnosis/repair.
Since you are under one year, you should be covered by Vizio Warranty and we don't want to go poking around inside the tv because that will void the warranty. You should contact them directly to arrange for warranty services.
If for some reason you find out the tv is not under warranty, feel free to reply back here if you want to proceed with taking the back off the tv, diagnosing, ordering parts.
PLEASE, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.
Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work. I got audio but no video.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that. If you have a cable/sat box or other equipment, go ahead and try pulling the power on those as well. But if you cannot get any on screen display like the tv menu, volume level osd, input label, etc then there is not going to be any easy fix and the tv needs repair. At least you are under warranty and can have the tv serviced by contacting Vizio.
I am here in case you need me and regardless of what happens with the tv, please don't forget to click the positive rating.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.