Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sony TV will not turn standby light flashes

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** 40V3000 won't turn on in any input
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does power indicator light on TV front blink in specific pattern like 6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, pause and repeat when turn On the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 blinks then pauses
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please recount the blinks as it could be 13 times and I need to confirm it to get the error code detail from manual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
13 times then pause
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

13 times flashing power light indicates 'balancer' error and backlight inverter board would have got internal issue.

Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check, if problem persist then backlight inverter board or DF1 board could be defective and swapping it will help to resolve the problem.

Please check following board supplier link to get required board if you wish to replace it in TV by yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=KDL-40V3000

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.