Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a small magnavox tv which uses rabbit ears. It has a

Customer Question

I have a small magnavox tv which uses rabbit ears. It has a digital tv converter. I do not have cable. For many years I have been able to get my local PBS station. Now whenever I try to get the PBS station I get the message "no signal found." I can still get all other stations. Is it the tv, converter, rabbit ears?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.
It's not the tv. A few things to try:
Unplug the POWER cord for the converter box for a few minutes. test again.
Perform a channel scan/search in the converter box, using the coverter box remote menu. test again.
Move the location/orientation of the antenna and perform the channel scan/search again. REPEAT and test.
You may have to move the antenna near to a window or outdoors even. This can be done by using and "extension" between the antenna and the converter box. Let me know if you need help with any of the above.
PLEASE, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.
Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.
Thank you,
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.