Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Purchased a49ub8200 ser#407rmgcr5039 and have missplaced the

Customer Question

purchased a49ub8200 ser#407rmgcr5039 and have missplaced the owner manual and having a problem getting channels above 78 or whatever and our cable provider has reassigned some channels in that range can you help us or get us a owners manual or set up manual thanks jim loof***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jim.

Are you using just basic cable (no box)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for now
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

The biggest issue here is that most of these higher channels, anything above the very most "basic" channel package (the broadcast channels, religious, and home shopping etc) are starting to be transitioned by almost all cable companies to being encrypted. Since your tv is not capable of decoding those encrypted channels and can utilize only the "clear" qam broadcasts, it usually is not possible to pick up those upper or premium channels any longer.

You can try going into the setup menu, and running the AUTO SCAN (auto program) function, but if it still doesn't pick anything up there, it is a limitation of the signal output by the cable co. The only solution in that case is to have them provide a cable box for you (which will typically connect to the tv via hdmi) and that would give you access to all channels.

For your reference though, I've uploaded a copy of your manual, here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29960072/MFL67987292.pdf