Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have a Samsung un55d6420 model TV which is intermittently

Customer Question

We have a Samsung un55d6420 model TV which is intermittently turning off & then on again. When it goes off, it blinks & pauses 4 times before coming on again. Any thoughts?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. When you say it's turning off, does the tv actaully click and turn off? or maybe just loose picture? or loose sound? or both?
2. When the tv turns off, can you tell if the backlights are still on? Can you bring up the tv menu with the remote?
3. Does the tv come back on by itself or do you need to turn it back on with remote/button
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **
** Do NOT start a new question **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Can you see my post?