Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung TV, model LN32B650. The remote has stopped

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Samsung TV, model LN32B650. The remote has stopped accepting instructions to change tv channels - when I press it, it only changes the underlying cable channel from 3 to 4 to 2 and back again. It works to turn the tv on and off, and the volume will adjust, but I am stuck watching Channel 5! I've replaced the batteries. Also the universal remote is not working but I assume that when the Samsung remote is fixed the universal will work too. Thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Offhand how do you receive broadcasts on this set- is it from a cable box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just the cheapest little box from Comcast. I basically only have cable so that I get the digital tv signal.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, when using any sort of cable box the TV's original remote is not used for changing channels- only the Comcast remote is.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So, yo would not be using the TV remote for channel changing in any case.

That's what has me somewhat confused about your question. Are you saying you were using the Samsung remote for changing channels?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use the remote to change tv channels.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You need to elaborate. If you're using a Comcast box- then you will use the Comcast remote to change channels. Not the Samsung remote. Please tell me when this issue occurred, and if you are saying that it worked before with THIS box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But right now it is only changing the channel that the cable service comes in on. It should be set to Cable 3. But if I hit the remote it moves to "DTV Cable"stations - which are all snowy.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Right that is correct. What I need to know is IF the box was working on this TV before or if it's the first time setting it up. Reason being is if it's a first time setup you need to run a channel scan. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have always just used either the Samsung remote or the xfinity remote to change channels Then one day last week both stopped working. Nothing else had changed!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, ive had the box for a long time. Worked fine. And I've run the Samsung setup program since the problem occurred.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- What type of connecting wire runs between cable box and TV and where it plugged into TV, please read the label where that wire goes into TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shaheed. When the first technician dropped me, I went on-line and figured out the solution. so I am all set. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, have nice time!
Shahid.