Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have had my lg tv 10 months. Purchased it at costco. It

Customer Question

I have had my lg tv for about 10 months. Purchased it at costco. It works beautifully until 2 weeks ago a store demo advertising lg services started appearing on the edges of my screen and rotating every 10 seconds and I cannot remove it. Please help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please double check the model number and post back. The one you posted is not quite right.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The model number is ***** a sticker on the back of the TV.

The reason I need this is that it's not a simple one push of a button, there are settings we need to get into in order to remote the DEMO mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number 55LB6100
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** pulling up this model right now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

With the LG remote, pull up the Menu on the LG and scroll down to OPTIONS

Change Store Demo to Home Use.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you run into problems.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If options is not there then SETUP would be where the DEMO/HOME use option is located.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There isn't an option mode
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I also mentioned this: If options is not there then SETUP would be where the DEMO/HOME use option is located.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there isn't a setup button on remote. I can list the buttons. there is the following buttons; caption,av mode,ratio,input, list, flashek, fav, info, mute, settings, ny apps, netflix, qmenu, sleep, vd/*/tv that is all except the ok button
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No, No setup button on remote- Setup is in the MENU- use the MENU to get to SETUP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no setup in menu list
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay the thing is that all of these TV's have a "similar" way to get the Demo model off. However your TV does not have it's owner's manual posted since it is an "E Manual" meaning you can access the manual yourself using the remote. So therefore I am not able to find the intimate method to get to Demo/HOME.

So, if you could let me know- what options show when you press MENU and scroll all the way to the bottom of that list?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do be back shortly
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MenuList: Aspect ratio 16.9, vivid picture, smart sound mode, stereo sap, sleep timer off, energy saving off, caption off, av mode off, add del/add and the last one is eject usb device
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you press Settings on the remote, what options do you find?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
under settings: language, service country setting,
zip,
caption off, standby off, set universal, live plus, network connection, network status, soft av, wi-fi direct,mirancas intels widi, my tv name, 55LB6100-UG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
55LB6100-UG is different than the first no. I sent in that it has UG on the end. Will that make a difference I hope?