Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have vizio model e320ar tv. It is 21 months old. It is in

Customer Question

I have vizio model e320ar tv. It is 21 months old. It is in a spare bedroom and it is only used if we have someone sleep over. I doubt if it has been turned on 21 times in the 21 months. The closed caption is locked on. I cannot turn it off. When I arrow around in the Menu section it skips over the closed caption box, I can stop on all the other blocks. Is there something I can do to get rid of the closed caption? The picture and sound are perfect. It is probably cheaper to replace than to have it repaired? Its a shame to replace it considering it gets so little use. Can you help me?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
The closed caption is very likely to be generated by what ever box you are using cable or satellite so please pick up the box remote and look for the CC/subtitle/text button on that remote and cycle it (keep pressing)until the closed caption goes off
Let me know how this works out, if it works out good please could you rate the answer positively there will be a rating bar with this post, if you still have problems do not rate instead press "reply to expert" and let me know.
Regards
Anthony