Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

MY Panasonic TH-50PX20 won't power on i am getting 7 blinks

Customer Question

MY Panasonic TH-50PX20 won't power on i am getting 7 blinks and then it pauses for 2 seconds red light on then repeats.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. 7 blinks is an error code used by Panasonic to determine the TV has a fault. How long have you owned this set for and when did the problem occur please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Over 10 years and it just started this week.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. There unfortunately isn't much you can do here that doesn't involve service to the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work.

If the issue persists, then there is a fault in the Sustain/Drive circuit of the TV- which is on average a $350-$550 repair on this set- and in some cases, it is actually the Plasma Display panel that has failed. If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.