Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sanyo tv DP42481 which will not come on after a bad

Customer Question

I have a Sanyo tv DP42481 which will not come on after a bad storm. When plugged in nothing hapens, no lights at all. I have a meter and know how to use it so just want to know if there is a fuse in this unit and if so where. I was also U. S. Navy trained way back in 1954
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Tim is no longer an expert on the site, but I will be glad to assist you.

No signs of life at all indicates either the power board, or the mainboard have failed. The power board produces the 5 volts which feeds the mainboard, and the mainboard produces the power light.

To narrow down the root cause, set your meter to DC volts- ground the black probe to the TV's metal frame, and then use the red probe to test the point marked 5 volts on the power board. If this voltage is missing- then you will replace your power board.

If this voltage is present then you will replace your mainboard.

These board can be located at:

http://www.shopjimmy.com

http://www.tvpartsguy.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?