Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a digihome DLC32SMART TV. It won't turn on properly.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a digihome DLC32SMART TV. It won't turn on properly. The screen is blank and the standby light keeps flashing. The screen keeps going from dark to slightly lighter as if turning on and off, do you have any ideas
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry you're having trouble here I need info from you so I can better answer your question, so is the light blinking and pausing like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks as an example?
How old is the set please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a steady blinking, then it seems to pause, then periodically stops blinking for a few seconds then starts again
OK thanks
How old is the set now please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set is about 12 months old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The slightly lighter screen appears to happen periodically when the blinks appear to stop then immediately start again
What you are experiencing is back-light flicker, the led back-lights are not staying on and so shutting the set down, so its either a control problem of the back-lights or the back-lights themselves are bad, the option left open to you is to get this done under warranty as its a potential serious issue, so you need to contact the retailer where you got the set as it has a standard 12 month warranty against defect (legal requirement)even if the set is over by a couple of months you should still pursue a warranty fix, as there will be a grace period
I am sorry this is not something easier
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks

Its about the only option open to you there will not be spares available for this set as yet

If I can do anything else let me know

Please remember the rating there will be a rating band with this post thanks again

Anthony