Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How can I connect my samsung tv model UE46F7005 to my

Customer Question

How can I connect my samsung tv model UE46F7005 to my amplifier. I tried the TV audio output. Meny does not permit me to choose external speakers
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Your TV uses an optical jack to output audio- what jack are you trying to use?

What make and model amplifier are you trying to connect it to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red and white Audio to amp T+A model PA1230R
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay the red and white audio on the TV are INPUT- not audio output.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So if your amp only uses RCA type audio connections, you need a converter.

The TV's audio out is optical, so an optical cable must be used to convert the signal over to RCA red and white.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I am pulling up a link right now to the converter.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Then you can run the red and white audio cables to your amp from the converter.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I don't use the phone call facility, please reply back here if further info is needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a converter conected to the TV optical output. Still when I go to meny/sound and choose external speakers nothing happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Oh, you never mentioned anything about that. So....what's the make and model of the converter you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ROHS COMPLIANT 1039-ca
Model DCT-3
EV 10391
I have connected to amplifier2 and to amp TV but no sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean aux2 and TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, is the Samsung UE46F7005STXXE directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? ...or is there a PVR or satellite receiver used with the TV ?
The Digital Audio Out (Optical) connection would only work if the TV is receiving digital TV channels with 5.1-channel audio; i.e. through an antenna or direct cable feed connections. If the source is external such as a Blue-ray player, PVR, satellite receiver or similar, then the optical connection would not work.
I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, it is a design limitation; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
Alternatively, consider using the TV's headphone jack (if so equipped). A 3.5mm to 2 X RCA cable would be needed to connect to either the amp's TV or AUX 1 input RCA jacks.