Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Model: LF461eM4. S/N:DS2A1406114647 My TV screen shows a

Customer Question

Model: LF461eM4. S/N:DS2A1406114647
My TV screen shows a wide black strip of about 4 inches on the right side mostly and a coloured wide band of about 4 inches (multiple coloured lines) on either sides of the screen or on both sides as soon as I turn it on.
Also the image that appears on the screen between the above mentioned bands becomes very dark after a few minutes.
I was told by Emerson customer service that it is probably a loose board.
Can I correct the problem myself?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
The likelihood is that the t-con board that drives the LCD panel is bad the catch 22 is that the board cannot be checked it can only be replaced to eliminate it, if you still have a bad pic after replacing the board then its bad news as that is the LCD panel itself (screen).
If you wish to replace the t-con board please let me know I will provide more details on how to replace it, just to clarify it is a plug in board.
Let me know please
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony