Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Model Samsung UN 60C6300SFXZA TV was originally hooked up

Customer Question

My Model Samsung UN 60C6300SFXZA TV was originally hooked up as part of a "HOME THEATER" that use a BOSE Audio system and a harmony controller.
Recently my sound or audio system became intermittent. Thinking BOSE problems, I opened the harness bundle, disconnected the associate components including the BOSE components and tried to hook up the TV as a typical independent TV web channel receiver for sound and video. There was video on all channels but no sound; no matter how i tried to configure it in accordance with on screen instructions! I couldn't locate my owners instruction manual and my search so far has not found one on line!
PLZ HELP?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you are saying that you've hooked the tv up on its own (cable/sat, dvd, etc direct to the tv) bypassing the bose, but still aren't getting sound, then the most likely issue is simply that hte tv speakers have been disabled. It is standard practice to disable the tvs internal speakers when using an external audio system. Go into the tv setup menu and look for the audio settings, and you'll then see an option (depending on your current firmware version) to either set the tv speakers to ON, or to set the audio output mode to TV (instead of external/theater).

Let me know if you get stuck.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
most interested in locating an owners manual for an accurate reference, mine is missing! I went thru the on screen testing and at one instant found the intermittent sounds coming from the back of the tv screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 August 2015 02:17
I am most interested in locating an owners manual for an accurate reference, mine is missing! I went thru the on screen testing and at one instant found the intermittent sounds coming from the back of the tv screen? It didnt last and i couldn't repeat making it comeback
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** has just come through,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please CLICK HERE for a downloadable copy of your manual.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I've sent you a manual. Please reply to me here on the original question only though, posting new questions costs you more and delays my ability to respond.