Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Vizio model VW37 HDTV40A. The tv recently stopped

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Vizio model VW37 HDTV40A. The tv recently stopped working. The LED on the front no longer lights up and it will not power on. I've replaced to power supply board to no avail. A strange occurrence I've observed is that the new power supply is putting out 10V at the 5V output. The original power supply was putting out 5V but I'm not totally sure what to make of that as I can not turn the tv on to check the other voltages. Those readings were taken with the power supply totally disconnected other than the AC input. Is there anyway of knowing if it's the main board that needs to be replaced? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please reconnect the Mainboard to the power supply board and test the 5 V line again. You need that mainboard connected in order to test anything accurately. Then press the power button once on the set and see if you get any other voltages. Let me know.