Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a 65 inch Mitsubishi digital tv. inside the tv there

Customer Question

I have a 65 inch Mitsubishi digital tv. inside the tv there are 2 wires (black& white) with redish kidney shapes divided in halves. these wires have become detached from somewhere inside the tv. I see 2 boards there with electrical tape with nothing taped. There is nothing attached to the other end of the wire. When I turn the tv on, it cuts off in about 5 seconds or less. I suspect my grandsons have made something come aloose by banging it on the side. CAN YOU HELP ME Thank You
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Trace those two wires to their other end, where they are attached to something. What is at the other end? if it's only a speaker, that isn't the cause of the problem.
If it is something more major and less to-be-spared, then the TV is indeed 'broken', and probably as a result of that wire breakage, or something else also... but let me know what you find out first.
Note: turn Off the TV, and unplug it too, for at least 2 hours, before you begin tracing those wires. Observe all due electric shock or electrocution cautions, even so... and if needed, or if you feel it right, turn the task over to a trained TV repair tech.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the other end of those two wires with the red kidney shape they are not connected to anything. Some time ago I called and was advised that the kidney (wire possibly need to be soldered) The speaker compartments are completely closed off
from these wire ends. Apparently those kidney wires were attached to those two green boards but where do they lead to.How can I get a diagram of the wires in that area of the tv. to show where those wires belong?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Can you post me a photo of the 'kidneys' at the end of those two wires?

That might clear up the question of just what they are... from the mere sound, they could be anything, at present. With a picture they could be identified.