Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I got a pioneer plasma model pro 1410 HDTV 60 something

Customer Question

I got a pioneer plasma model pro 1410 HDTV 60 something inches and I can't get it to turn on what am I missing cuz I have no instructions for this but I have new batteries in the remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks , i would have a few questions first ;

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Did you just buy this tv and never turned it on yet or it stopped working ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just purchased for $300 off of friends mom pioneer plasma model Pro 1410 HDTV plug it in does not come on what am I missing
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gotta type can spend the extra $10 right now new business and all twice divorced what can I say
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I would take it that you received a phone offer , was not from me and just ignore it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no sound there's no light does not make noise doesn't vibrate no nothing I even put new batteries in the remote control still nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Consider ignored
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lady I originally got it from said that RadioShack set it up for her last time with some sort of box is that true
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Good
So basically you mean that its totally dead ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's one way to put it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then was looking to see if this one came with the media box but it does not .

Did you see it working before buying it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got its real friend who said that this work it work before hand but they never saw it either what's possibly the problem if anything that would be easy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with it dead like this is really not too much point of this conversation unless something was working or broken is there
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Nice tv and they were quite expensive to buy but also quite expensive to repair if broken .

Can you give me a few minutes and in the mean time you can download and look at the manual at the link below;

http://data.manualslib.com/pdf/14/1303/130266-pioneer/elite_purevision_pro_1410hd.pdf?0e16036a57271e3cd31abf3f36146efe&take=binary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Was looking to see if this model had a main power switch that manually disconnects the tv from the power line and it does not but one thing you need to check first is to make sure the power cord is pushed in all the way at the tv , this is a plug-in type and it often happens that it gets loose

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

pull it out and back in

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok give me a minute sounds dumb but why not
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yeah well you`d be surprise how often it happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried it and still no turn on or do I turn it on other than the remote control
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k but one thing I need to make sure here again ;

There is no standby light or flashing light at the front ,is that correct ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then until you see a power/standby light at the front there is no use to try and turn it on .

The tv is defective but in a good way if there is such a thing , it has a defective power bard and for this tv it is the easiest repair you can get considering that this tv probably cost near 10K$ when new.

Give me a few minutes and I will get you the details

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Here is a power board for this tv ;

http://www.tvpartsnow.com/product.php?id_product=8233

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The board part # ***** 3S110165

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You can use that number if you/d like to do your own shopping

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I replace it myself
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you are handy with a screwdriver and for example are at ease with things like fixing your own pc then this is quite similar

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Only one thing about those pioneer though ;

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a picture of the power board where is it one of those things that when I open it up it should be obvious if I have the other one in my hand and thank you very much for your time
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

DO NOT plug in the power cord once the back cover is removed unless you tape down the TRAP SWITCH otherwise the tv will go into protect mode and that is a whole new ball game .

Be right back with more info

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I`ll see if I can get you the service manual but for the picture you can google the part number and also , yes it is easy to find , the power cord plugs directly into it

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yes this is all screws and plugs so if you can remove the back cover then no problem but remember DO NOT plug the power cord after the cover is removed

Found the service manual and will give it to you in a minute

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Well, I`ll be .... this model does not have the trap switch so you don`t have to worry about that .

Here is the service manual for it , click the link below and once opened you`ll be able to download it to your pc ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qcqdt9gwi6u1he/pioneer_pdp-614mx_pro-1410hd.pdf?dl=0

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** thing where would I order it from
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I guess you did not see the link I gave you above , here it is again ;

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have other questions for now and please remember to rate so i get paid for this and it will not close down this post if you ever have questions when that board comes in.

AFDB95%