Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have an LG 55LM7600 where the power LED on the front of

Customer Question

I have an LG 55LM7600 where the power LED on the front of the unit blinks when the power button is pressed. The power LED continues blinking when the power cord is removed. The screen does not turn on or blink when trying to turn on. I have a multi meter at my shop but have not tested power (i'm not at my shop at the moment)
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, This issue is either caused by the power supply board or the Mainboard. What you need to test is that the 5 volt line is present on the power board using your meter. Also, when you unplug the set (until the light stops blinking), and then plug it back in, does the light start blinking immediately, or only after the power button is pressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power LED only flashes when the power button is pressed. Where should I check for 5 volts?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The voltages are all labeled directly on the power supply board near the connectors. You will see 5, 12 and 24 vdc stamped on the board. Check and see which voltages are present at plug in, and also at power up (upon pressing the power button). It is most likely that your power supply board is faulty, but there could also be an external fault causing this. Please reply back when at the set with meter in hand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked voltages and here are my results:
CONNECTOR VOLTAGE
P-DIM2 0v
12V 12V
12V 12V
12V 12V
GND 0V
GND 0V
3.5V 3.5V
3.5V 3.5V
GND 0V
GND 0V
24V 25V
POWER ON 3.4V
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These results are after the power button is pressed, no voltage at all when the power is off
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I have to run out for the day so I will open the question to other experts to assist.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, I posted to this question accidentally.

Best of luck with your LG issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No worries
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please reply back if you still need assistance as your question is sitting here for quite some time.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still need help
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, did you replace any board in TV so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not. Does the problem appear to be the main boars based on the voltage readings from the power supply?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, problem appears to be the main boar because voltage readings from the power supply are normal so swapping the main board would help to get the TV up and running.

Please check with following board supplier and ask if they can provide required main board as currently it is out of stock..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=55LM7600

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.