Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My volume goes on and then goes right back to zero every

Customer Question

my volume goes on and then goes right back to zero every time
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
You may be given a phone call option after I send this reply, I do not use this facility as I consider it not beneficial and will cost you an additional $18 so please continue with this format thank you
There are two causes of this (yes it is the TV faulty)the first is the remote control so what we need to do first is eliminate the remote by taking out the batteries of the remote to kill it and monitoring the set again to see if the same thing continues to happen or if it stops so let me know about this first before we move on
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there

OK so the remote is now eliminated, the problem is to do with the tact switches ON THE SET ITSELF in your case the volume down switch just behind the volume/channel change buttons on the set itself a workaround is to disconnect these buttons by pulling out the lead that feeds them the buttons will then not work however they are seldom used anyhow,( if you want to replace them you will need to get the part-number from the board )so its just a matter of getting the back off the set, locating the little function board just behind the buttons on the front of the set and pulling out the single lead on that board.

Let me know if you do not understand something or need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.

If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.

Regards
Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this!

Is there something you don't understand or are concerned about what I have said?

Do you feel you cannot do the work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want this money refunded....

So you have done the work then?

And now want your deposit back?