Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I changed the lamp in my Panasonic tv and the power light

Customer Question

i changed the lamp in my Panasonic tv and the power light blinks orange 2 times
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Did you have any issues prior to changing the lamp?
Is it a genuine lamp or a generic one (if you aren't sure, where did you get it and how much did it cost)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$18 off of amazon , when I hit the power button it blinks orange 2 times then 2times again and so on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fan no nothing
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** sure it is orange though? The power light should only go green or red

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I hit the power button it comes on green then red then orange and starts blinking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

The cheap generic lamps have extremely high failure rates and are often bad right out of the box, so that is the primary culprit here.

The savings you get on the lamps just aren't worth it, they aren't as bright as the original, and when they do work they usually only last a few months at best. They can also damage the ballast and power supply in the tv. At this point you should return the first lamp to amazon and order the proper OEM lamp, which needs to be a philips/osram lamp: http://amzn.to/1J8ytj5

Without having the proper lamp installed, we can't diagnose anything further, though replacing with the correct lamp will usually fix the issue and get you back to working normally.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

The 2 blink specifically though points to a bad fan, but we can't properly isolate that until the lamp is replaced, as a bad lamp can prevent proper startup and throw erroneous error codes.
While you are waiting on the correct lamp, go ahead and open the tv up and vacuum it out well, blow off the fans, etc so you are starting with a fresh clean slate.

After the lamp and cleaning are sorted out, let me know if you have any further trouble with it.

Best regards,