TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

I must first say this is the second time I'm doing this.

Customer Question

I must first say this is the second time I'm doing this. Made me sign in been here once before just to read other blogs. Anyway I have a Samsung HLR5667w and I've been everywhere looking for the problem I'm having. My TV started going off by it self and did not turn back on. I read on YouTube that taping down the blue switch fixes this. And it did! And lasted about 2-3 months. now when I turn it on I get a blue screen by the way seems it gets brighter then shuts off. Things I have replaced before the off problem were lamp, (Never reset timer )and the sm dmd fan. That's it. Now nothing is connected like directv, or DVDs nothing didn't want to waste my money. So the blue screen, Ican't even tell u which lights were on when I first turned it on. I do know that when the standby light came on I tried the (mute or menu tried both then182power just gave me the blue screen no reset anything. When I pressed any button the timer light comes on, (every button push) same thing. This is what else I tried after the remote, timer thing.
#1 cleaned inside, yes took everything out
# ***** for bulging compacitors(didn't so right) saw nothing on any board. Yes all wires where they should go, only fit one way
So I was told by Tampatec(who knows) but told me to replace the color wheel, which mine was turning slow so I replace it( which brings question if a TV takes a L6 chassis and u put L3 in what happens?
I cleaned the fan at the lamp an it is working. I tried the new lamp now I get nothing lamp light comes on. I put the old lamp back in and now all three lights are on but no blue pic nothing but the lights in front. Thought I put the ribbon cable in backwards but read it goes in facing the back I'm assuming this is towards the back cover right? Could this have to do with a bad switch or bad Dvi cable?
Thanks for any advice its 7:30 pm can I come back tomorrow to follow up? Bit tired of all my tv inspections. Lol
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put my credit card in twice I know the first 5 bucks was pending what's up w this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok taken care of I believe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to tell u w the back off I see 3 green lights
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I have just put the wrong color wheel in? Does a L6 fit or reverse L3 fit all sets the L3 wheel went right in, but the back of the TV states Chassis no L64B
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

This is really what it comes down to . Look at the info in the picture, and does your LAMP in the back of your TV stay lit? Yes or No.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would look but my lamp stopped working like I said earlier