Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

N3752W VIEW SONIC TV Model VS11405-1M - How to open the

Customer Question

N3752W VIEW SONIC TV Model VS11405-1M - How to open the case? need to check power supply. TV turns on just for about 2 sec, then AC must be unplugged to repeat that..
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, To open the TV you must remove every single screw on the back of the set- including all of the ones in between the AV jacks. The base stand must also be removed in order to remove the back. Then the rear cover will come off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Aric - I've removed the stand (4 screws) removed 6 screws on the back panel and 4 screws in the 'handle openings" 2 screws in each.
Don't see any more screws. What is AV jacks?
The panel is still holding tight - nothing is opening up to see inside - to get to the power supply.
The way I describe the problem, do you agree that it is caused by power supply failure?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The AV jacks are the audio video jacks- where you plug in cables from the external audio video sources. Sometimes there are screws on the outside of the HDMI jacks and the AC power jack.

Also, the symptoms you have could be caused by the power board (most common) the mainboard or the LCD panel itself. There's no way to tell for sure without using a multi-meter to test voltages inside of the set.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem could be that I need some time to follow your instructions so the call would be mostly idle...
The $ 24 would be in addition to some basic charge?
I am going to remove the AV jack. I do have a tester.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not offering the call- that's automatic by the site. We can continue here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still struggling to open up / remove the back cover...
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Ok.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like there must be some plastic clips holding the back lid in place.
All screws were removed, the bottom of the lid has some 'play' now, but the top is firmly attached.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Aric, I am not able to remove the lid and I am running out of time to continue with it today.
I will try again tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
If the lid comes off I may need more help / advice about fixing the power supply. If not the only place for this TV would be in trash. Peter
.