Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Mitsubishi model VS-50705 1999 vintage. When first

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi model VS-50705 1999 vintage. When first powered up, it has static on the audio and snow on the screen for about 5-10 minutes, and then gets the cable signal and a perfect picture. The warmer the temperature, the less time it takes to get the signal.
As the house cools down it will have this happen again for a short duration and then keeps working. Is there a circuit board that could be replaced? Is it owner serviceable?
Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Who is your cable provider?
2. What is the "cable signal"? direct line from the wall (no box) or cable box
3. If there is a box- what kind of connection goes from the box to the tv and is there a remote for the box that is used for channel changing and guide?
4. Is anything else connected to the tv like dvd or game?
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **
** Do NOT start a new question **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **