TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

Well, my TV started going off and on, I taped the blue

Customer Question

Well hi Tim, my TV started going off and on, I taped the blue switch down and this helped for approx. 2-3 months, then started going off again. I decided to get rid of directv so nothing is connected to TV right now. Oh we changed the sm fan in front of the DMD board, and needed to replace the lamp, this lamp was a Philips like we had in. So couple about a month ago I checked it out, I was determined that I could fix this monster, I'm very handy, (ask my husband... He is not) Ok so I plugged the TV in it turned on, all lights were blinking the screen is blue like it was brand new. Then shut down the light standby came on. Then comes back on. The same thing happens 3-4 times. I usually unplug it after that. When in the standby mode using the controller I put in the factory reset Mute182 power, the blue screen comes on but never gets me to reset screen. Also when any button is pressed on the remote the timer light comes on, of course then shuts off but not because I'm using the controlle
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Let's start here , making sure your color wheel matches the VERSION number on your TV set, ok?