Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

TO CONNECT CABLE TV TO SVA MODEL 4208U-DONT KNOW WHAT TO SET

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO CONNECT CABLE TV TO SVA MODEL 4208U-DONT KNOW WHAT TO SET TV ON TO GET CABLE SIGNAL,CAN U WALK ME THREW IT
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Who is you cable company?
2. What kind of connection goes from the box to the tv? If you look at the back of the tv, what is the port label say? hdmi 1, hdmi 2, av 3, av 4, rf/cable/ant.....
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **
** Do NOT start a new question **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I closed your DUPLICATE question because that will result in more charges to your account.
Please refrain from opening new questions. Just simply REPLY back here to this question:
1. Who is you cable company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
optimum
cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Does the optimum box come with it's own remote to change channels and look at the guide?
Do you see other ports on the back of the optimum box, like HDMI jack or AV jacks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my problem is I have tv set to-cable-std and cant get a signal
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I got your reply and need a few minutes to look closer at your tv. Please hold your replies. I will be back in 5 minutes.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
This is a VERY unusual model and finding documents for it is proving to be impossible. Would you be able to take some pictures and post them here in your reply?
-back of tv where the connection ports are
-back of cable box where connection ports are
-original sva remote
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
It is likely that there is a better way to connect the box to the tv that won't require you do a "search for channels" at all... AND on top of that will give you 10x better picture quality and sound quality. But I would really like to see the pictures to be sure.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
If you see these jacks on both the tv and the box:
Yellow + White/Red (better)
or
Green/Blue/Red + White/Red (BEST)
Then using either of these would be MUCH better connection and won't require complex setup.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the original SVA remote there? Is it working if you press MENU or Volume up/down?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
What are you seeing on the tv screen right now?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I never heard back from you. I assume the recommendations to use the Yellow + White/Red (better) or Green/Blue/Red + White/Red (BEST) connections worked. If not please REPLY back and tell me what's going on.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,