Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I've tried to get Freeview on Sony 40ex720 TV but no luck.

Customer Question

I've tried to get Freeview on Sony 40ex720 TV but no luck. Have been through retuning digital steps. Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry you're having trouble here, you are seeing the set going through the tuning process for DTV but its coming up none found?
Was the set previously working OK or is this a first try installation?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First try installation. I have another Sony TV which is only about 6 months old and it picks it up ok.
Have you tried the sony at the same point as you are having trouble with this set?as it could be a lead issue
If so then you have a problem with the digital tuner inside the set, you have two options, replace the main-board containing the digital tuner (inside the set) costs will be high OR get a set-top-box as a workaround and connect it to one of the inputs on the set, you can get a set-top-box from your local supermarket very cheaply.
Let me know if you need more info or want to go for option 1
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just tried retuning with same cable as other TV and aerial wall point. No joy. Will try a set top box in morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ps... I assume that's what you meant- retune using different cable so all conditions same as other TV except for the actual tv itself
The sony you said was working OK have you tried that AT THE SAME POINT as where you are having problems with the 40EX720?just to eliminate the aerial or aerial system?if it works OK at that point then you have a problem with the 40EX720 that means its a bad tuner and you will need a set-top-box as a workaround.
Anthony