Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Viera Panasonic Plasma TH-P65S20Z. When on there is

Customer Question

I have a Viera Panasonic Plasma TH-P65S20Z. When on there is a thick black vertical line close to the edge. Can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.

There are two possible things, either Cx board or display panel issue.
Please check bottom of rear of panel, you will see three long boards (c1, C2 and C3) mounted horizontally across the bottom of screen and each board covers 1/3 of screen so check the line on screen landing at bottom to swap that C board which will help to resolve the issue or yu would be looking at defective display panel.
Please check following attach image to view bard location in TV which will help to find C1, C2 and C3 boards in TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

It could also be A Board problem, please clean the flat ribbon cable contacts runs between C board and A Board.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with TV problem?
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.