Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Seiki tv is not working

Customer Question

My Seiki tv is not working
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Can you get me the model number off the back of the TV?

How long have you owned it for also please?

Additionally, can you tell me if there are ANY signs of life on the set at all (power light lit, or blinking, scren comes on with No Signal message, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SE32HY01UK
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power light lit, Seiki logo on and off, power lit red and blue
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

How old- under a year or over?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Less than 2 months
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Also what do you mean "Seiki Logo On and Off"? Do you mean the screen is flickering with the Seiki welcome screen?

Please elaborate on the symptoms as I am not there to see the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see 'Seiki ' written on the sceen, as when you start the tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the welcome logo, but every 2 minutes it disappear for a couple of seconds and then it flickers again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't switch the TV off using the remote, only if I unplug it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The remote seems to work only when I switch the TV on,
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, please don't triple post- send one reply and then wait for mine back- it makes communication confusing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

These symptoms mean a bad Mainboard in the TV, or simply an HDMI glitch. Are you using an HDMI cable to the TV right now?

If so, unplug the TV, then remove the HDMI cable from the back of the set.

Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds then release.

Wait a minute, then plug ONLY the TV back into power.

Turn it on and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI ok
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean "HDMI ok".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It means that I was using the cable, I answered your question. I did what you said. I turned it on and it does exactly the same. The cable is removed, but there is no difference in the symptoms, with or without the cable
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha. This means your TV is defective- and the Mainboard is at fault. This board generates the external AV signals on the set- and also the power OFF command. This isn't something that can be fixed with any settings and the retailer should be contacted to obtain warranty repair info. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Bad news indeed. Thank you anyway for your support
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and sorry for that. This is a common issue with these sets, and unfortunately is simply due to lost cost manufacturing.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?