Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When I turn on my Samsung TV (with Samsung cable box) with

Customer Question

When I turn on my Samsung TV (with Samsung cable box) with my Time Warner Cable remote the TV Hub screen appears and then I have to use my Samsung remote to get full screen TV. It is very annoying to have to use two emotes to watch TV. This does not happen with my Sony TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I am not sure what you mean by "TV Hub screen" can you explain that please?
Could you get me the model number please found on the back of the TV?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a screen with hub choices at the top. A small TV screen set to an existing channel and the rest of the screen is filled with boxes like "NBC","FOX etc,

I see so a menu

OK it sound like its being generated by the box itself so please re-boot the box by unplugging the box from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug the box back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time, give everything 5 mins to boot back up and try again let me know if there is any change thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not the box. I've already spoken to TWC about it and they said it was the TV.

I understand what you are saying however in my experience the providers are not technical and know little about there products when they go wrong so please just do that reboot as indicated so we can move on thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is re-booting

OK let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry Anthony, it does the same thing.

You did unplug it from the wall and did wait 5 mins?seems like you have come back pretty quick?

If your seeing all satellite channels being generated like a menu that is coming from the box the TV cant generate that only the box can, so are you saying you have to use the TV s original remote to get back on track?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been doing that all morning. I am not a novice in these matters.
Thnak you but I will just live with this two remote thing.
I am signing off. I will not pay for this session!
I am not satisfied at all. If I get charged i will find some way to give your site as negative comment as I am able,