Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Samsung LED TV, 2009 model LN32B360C5DUZA. I haven't used

Customer Question

Samsung LED TV, 2009 model LN32B360C5DUZA. I haven't used this TV for several years because the motherboard went bad (2nd time). I recently purchased and installed the motherboard. The TV remote won't work the TV at all and the cable remote will operate the DVR and TV except for the volume. What's wrong. I have to get up and manually change the volume level.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried Samsung remote on TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, can you please elaborate - " the cable remote will operate the DVR and TV except for the volume"?

- Does that remote power up and down TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not turn off the tv. Have to manually turn it off. My phone battery is dying.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, can you please check Samsung remote with cellphone camera to see if it is sending out infrared signals as shown in following image link..

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12526128_f520.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is sending infrared signals.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so TV remote itself is working.

Can you please check the IR board (where remote sensor/ receiver is mounted) is plugged securely to main board of TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not understanding your question. Please help me understand.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

TV has remote sensor on small circuit board (calls IR board) that would be located on lower front which receives remote control infrared signals and provide it to system control chip on main board of TV.

That IR board would be connected through harness to main board of TV, is that harness plugged securely on main board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable serviceman was here today and checked all connections. He had to swap out older cable HDMI/DVR box for thenewer version, as well as anew cable remote. He could not get a signal to activate tthe tv to the cable box.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I guess I wasn't clear in above reply, I was talking about IR board inside TV as you said you recently replaced main board in TV so thought the IR board connection cable should be checked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to take all the screws out (about 12). I'm not fast with a screw driver and it is approaching 2:00 a.m. I am not up to the task at this time.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No problem, we can take it up by tomorrow.