Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Comcast rtemote will not work with my olevia TV

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, In many cases there aren't codes for some of these off-brand models (sets that were built with parts made by all different manufacturers). So without knowing "which" codes you've tried, I would not know which ones to give you to try. Do you have the codes written down that you've already tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I talked with a comcast operator and we did it together on the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is syntax 232-S13
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please try this one if you have not already:

11610

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No deal. I should tell you that the picture works . it is the volume and the on off button. I would be happy just to get the volume to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Volume works manually, just not on the remote
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean the "picture works"? Do you mean it changes channels? If so, that's because the channels change in the box- not the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. It changes channels
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Try these as well:

11240, 11331, 11144

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The last possible options are these:

21075, 10159, 10154, 10088

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none of them woked
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If none of those codes work, then there are no supported Comcast remote codes for this Olevia set, and since Olevia has been out of business or the last 6 years- no new codes are being generated.

The ONLY option to avoid using two remotes is to purchase a Logitech Harmony remote, as the software allows you to punch in the exact model number of the TV, and also the Comcast box and will then program to control both devices. That remote is at the link below for around $50:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-350-control?crid=60

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm sorry. None of those worked either. Should I call olevia
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Olevia has been out of business for 6 years, so there is no one to call on their end I'm afraid. The only single remote option would be the Logitech one I linked to above. Sorry for the bad news on this one.