Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a DVD stuck in my front loading TV slot. No part of

Customer Question

I have a DVD stuck in my front loading TV slot. No part of it sticks out so I can't manually pull it out. Pressing the eject button does nothing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place). This type of hardware fault in the disc transport mechanism is extremely common in these westinghouse tvs which tend to be very poorly made and have very high failure rates.

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the set side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.